Single Parent Action Resources
Ask almost any parent and they will tell you that being a Mom or a Dad is one of the greatest joys in life. They will also tell you it isn't easy. Being a parent requires complete and total dedication to the health and well-being of your child for, at minimum, their first eighteen years and often times the rest of your life. Our children are an extension of us, the continuation of our family lines and the ones that we pour all of our knowledge and beliefs into so that they may one day create a happy and healthy home life of their own.
Single parents get it all; the best times, the worst times, the victories, the defeats and everything in between. They often have to play the role of both mother and father, the nurturer, the defender, the provider, the warden and so on. For lower income single parents, the effort required to maintain a stable foundation grows exponentially. Meeting all the financial responsibilities while still being available to help with homework and carpools while also remembering to have an adult life can simply be overwhelming. It's no easy balancing act to be a hero to your kids, an exceptional employee at your work and to foster a social life / new love interests at the same time.
We welcome you to Single Parent Action Network and hope you find significant value in the following guides, resources and articles.
Grants, Benefit & Assistance Programs
- Many American single parents face a daily struggle to balance work with childcare and make ends meet. If you’re one of them, here are some places you can go for help.
Education Grants & Scholarship Programs
- Being a single parent causes many to review their future prospects and consider a higher degree. Making more money means more support and stability for the child which is every parent's primary goal.
Food Assistance Programs
- If you and your child are struggling to maintain a healthy and sufficient diet, learn more about these vital food assistance programs.
WIC Program Information
- Mothers and small children have critical nutritional needs and often struggle to afford the foods they need for physical and mental development. The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) helps to nourish our mothers, babies, and small children at a critical time in their lives.
Best Back-To-School Products
- Summer's coming to a close, and it's time to think about getting the kids ready for school. Spark their interest with fun, fashionable, practical and affordable items that make school and homework just a little bit more enticing!
How To Choose the Right Daycare
- Selecting the right daycare program is a very important and delicate decision. After all, you are trusting the safety of your child with them. Learn what to look for before leaving your child.
Apps & Services To Monitor Your Child
- Keeping track of children, and what they are doing online and off, can be a full-time job. Fortunately, there are apps and services to give you a hand!
Best Gifts For Kids
- Choosing a gift for a child is never easy. The options are overwhelming, but sometimes nothing seems quite right. You want something that will last, that will hold your child’s interest, and that will fire up some real excitement. Every child is different, but this list should give you some starting points!
Best Single Parent Help Websites
- Find the best authority websites for all single parent needs. Check out this often bookmarked page and use it whenever the situation calls for it.
Save Money On Baby Products
- In case you hadn't noticed, baby and child products are expensive. Learn valuable tools, tricks and practices to save money today.
What If Child Support Doesn't Come?
- Raising children on a budget is tough at any time, but when child support money doesn't arrive on schedule it can easily become a crisis. It shouldn't happen, but it all too often does, and if it happens to you, you need to know what to do.
Single Parent Survival Guides
- These helpful guides provide exceptional insights and tips during three stages of child development. Start with Newborns to Toddlers
, move forward with Primary School
and complete the series with The Teens
Trump's Tax Plan & Single Parents
– The new administration is planning sweeping changes to tax policy, nd some of those changes could leave single parents paying significantly higher taxes. Learn what's changing, and how it affects you.
Divorce: What You Need To Know
- Divorce can be one of the most traumatic times in our lives, but it's also a time when we need to make the right decisions. Here are some key points to remember.
Single Parent's Guide To Income Tax
– Tax season is coming up fast, and single parents need to know about the tax deductons and credits that apply to them. Nobody likes tax forms, but knowing the rules and using them wisely might get you a nice refund!
Single Parent's Guide To Dating
- Just because you're a parent, doesn't mean you're not a human being with needs and the desire to find stimulating -adult' relationships. Here are some best tips and suggestions for how to pursue it.
Staying Sexy As a Single Parent
- Moms and Dads can still be fabulous. Remember to take care of yourself by following the tips and suggestions in this fun and informative guide.
Introducing A Significant Other To Your Child
- Never easy, always complicated, learn more about what the experts say when introducing a new potential partner to your child.
We Want To Hear From You
We thank you for visiting this site. If you are seeking help and didn't find a guide or article that provided details on your specific topic of interest please let us know.
Write us at [email protected]
. We look forward to hearing from you.